Tuesday, July 29, 2008

For the Birds


So, walking through the Covered Market just now, a bird shit on me. Lena says it's good luck, so I slathered on her hand sanitizer and continued to the Best Milkshake Place on the Planet, Moo-Moo's in the Covered Market. Here's the list of stuff you can mix in your milkshake, a sort of DQ Blizzard on crack: http://www.moo-moos.co.uk/menu.htm. I had dark chocolate and fresh raspberry. Bird shit forgotten.

As you can see from the photos, however, there are other positive developments in the bird world. Lincoln College has ducklings! Born yesterday, they're teeeensy and busy crisscrossing the perfect lawn. They fall down, stand up, fall down, stand up, go to sleep, stand up, etc.

They're just little poofballs! Nothing stops short (or happily distracts from reading) a group of Bread Loafers like a chick-pile on the quad.

In unrelated news, Ed called last night and we luxuriated in a big, 70-minute phone call. So awesome. Today at lunch, I got a great map-o-Wisconsin postcard from Britten! Thanks, you two! And have great evenings, everyone!

No comments: