Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Weekend Preview

Last night, Lena and I started playing around on the web. Before we knew it, we had two bunks booked in a hostel in the little town of Haworth, just outside of Leeds and 3-4 hours north of Oxford by train. Why Haworth? The Bronte sisters lived there!

(Yes, for those keeping track, not to mention for those who participated in the past, we've had author tourism to the homes of Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Hemingway, and Faulkner, and Dickinson, and Hawthorne, and Emerson, and Thoreau, and Alcott, and Steinbeck, and Margaret Mitchell, and Twain, and Fitzgerald, and LIW again, and Hemingway again, and LIW again, and Hemingway again, and a bunch of others I'm forgetting because it's very early, and now Shakespeare... and the Brontes!)

Lena and I walk over to the train station after breakfast to investigate our train tickets. If all goes well, we leave out of Oxford tomorrow (Friday) morning, spend two nights in the Haworth hostel (which is so old, it looks like the Brontes lived there), and come back Sunday!

Details forthcoming! (Not to mention photos and a review of tonight's "Midsummer" at the Globe!)

No comments: