Monday, August 4, 2008

Winding Down


Alison and I decided this afternoon to take our books and computers river-side and work outside at the Head of the River Pub. The setting is gorgeous: a huge patio with picnic tables and umbrellas, on the other side of Folly Bridge from the Indian-Thai restaurant the ladies hit Saturday night. I packed up so many books and notebooks for the outing, I forgot my camera. I hunted around online instead and was able to find a picture of the place, above.

Earlier today, I had my penultimate class, this time on Eliot’s “Mill on the Floss” (loved it, loved it, loved it). My tutor moved our last class of the session to Wednesday, so after Wednesday at 1 PM, I’ll be done with work for Bread Loaf Summer #4! My paper is also due Wednesday, so I’ll spend all day tomorrow researching and adding last details. My tutor wants to meet with each of us later in the week to discuss the graded papers before we go home, so that’ll happen Thursday or Friday sometime. Most everyone here is nearing completion on final projects, and the graduating seniors (Alison included!) are gearing up for the weekend’s festivities. Picture sort of a pleasant, mellow end to the session, with papers submitted, mild weather, overcast skies, and readiness for the next phase of the year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mel-

It has been such a treat to follow your adventures on your blog! Selfishly I can't wait to hang out when you get back. XO MB