Friday, June 13, 2008
School's out... for summer!
The kids have been gone for almost a week, but today's my last day at school until August 9. Right on! I'm drinking a big throwback to my own high school days: the tall raspberry mocha. Seattle Academy hosts a BBQ this afternoon. I go to Swoon Spa and get the winter grit buffed off my feet. Then I really kick a** in the Bread Loaf reading department: Before the end of next week, I'll finish Wharton's The House of Mirth, Brockden Brown's Edgar Huntly, and Wordsworth's Prelude. As a going-away present, Ed bought me Stephen Greenblatt's National Book Award and Pulitzer Prize finalist Will in the World for a little "how Shakespeare became Shakespeare" background. It's one of Ed's favorites. Thanks, Ed! I'll check-in next when more of the assigned reading is done. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LUCK!!!
First, I can't believe you're blogging. Second, I'm so glad I get to see you this weekend! Third, you will so kick ass at Oxford this summer!
Hi, Hon!
Welcome to the blogosphere! Glad to see you're up and at it before you leave...looking forward to following your travels and school tales!
Post a Comment